Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another Good Reason

In the heavy snow on Wednesday, I went to collect a colleague for a meeting in Watford. The meeting got called off just as I got to my colleague's home. I went in for a cup of tea (I don't need to tell you we both removed boots in that kind of weather- though she did say she might have excused me because I was wearing 14-hole Doc Martins that take ages to unlace).

I mentioned this blog to my colleague and she gave her reasons for preferring shoes off at the door. One reason was quite interesting. She pointed out that guests (at least those her age) who do not take their shoes off at the door will often remove them later during a get-together and leave then discarded around the house. She finds it much more convenient to have them left neatly by the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment