Friday, May 7, 2010

Somehow I have to make this post about removing shoes...

I am naturally feeling pleased about the election results. Although the Conservatives did not gain an overall majority, we are now the largest party in parliament. Having campaigned for my local candidate in Stevenage, Stephen McPartland, I was delighted by his success.

This is not a political blog, or even a personal diary blog, so I have to find some kind of link to removing shoes in homes.

Okay, those of you who advocate removing shoes for environmental concerns will be pleased by the success of Caroline Lucas, who is now the first Green Party member of parliament in Britain. You may also be pleased to hear about the success of Zac Goldsmith, the millionaire environmentalist, who stood as Conservative candidate in Richmond Park.

Speaking of Zac Goldsmith, his sister, Jemima Khan had a front row seat at the count. Both the Daily Mail and the BBC reporter mentioned her removing her shoes during the count. I suppose its not classic etiquette, but if you are up all night its only natural to want to get comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment