Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beach Trip

I went to Walton-on-the-Naze today with some friends from church. We spent a couple of hours on the beach.

We had a good time, though Walton-on-the-Naze seems trashy and unloved. It appears to be the holiday destination for people who live in Essex council estates.

Although flip flops are my footwear of choice, I am not a beach person. I don't care for sand and I am not sure all the exposed flesh at beaches is altogether decent. But it made a nice change.

Beaches are pretty much shoeless zones. Most people will remove their shoes on the beach and their socks too if they are old fashioned enough to wear them on holiday.

I bet the people who object to being asked to remove their shoes in homes are quite happy to remove their shoes on the beach.

If you are okay being bare foot on the beach, what is the problem with being bare foot in somebody's home?

No comments:

Post a Comment